Discover Unique Things to Do in the Summer on Cape Cod
Winter has made its icy presence known throughout the country, leaving many dreaming of the days of bright sunshine and warm temperatures well above freezing. While it may seem like forever until summer returns, now is the perfect time to plan your getaway to Lighthouse Inn. Our oceanfront resort is the ideal place for all groups looking to make memories by discovering all the unique things to do in the towns that make up Cape Cod.
The 5 Best Things to Add to Your Cape Cod Itinerary
While summer is the perfect time for family vacations, this season is ideal for anyone looking to spend as much time outdoors as possible. Start dreaming of sand, surf, and fun by creating your ideal checklist of unique activities and attractions in Cape Cod.
- Make your way to the Cape Cod National Seashore to explore the sand dunes. About one-third of this area is made up of dunes, which means plenty of spots to explore.
- Go on a self-guided tour of the lighthouses that dot the landscape. Places like West Chatham Lighthouse and Hyannis Harbor Light help showcase the maritime history of this region. There’s even a lighthouse right at our beachfront resort. The Bass River Lighthouse marked the entrance to Bass River from 1855 to 1914, and the original lighthouse and keeper’s quarters still anchor our Cape Cod waterfront resort. Learn more about our historic landmark by listening to the U.S. Lighthouse Society podcast featuring Lighthouse Inn owner Greg Stone.
- Load up the car and head out on a scenic drive along 6A. This corridor, which often has less traffic than its counterpart, passes through charming villages and makes for the perfect day trip.
- Enjoy several attractions all in one location at Green Briar Nature Center & Jam Kitchen. Located in East Sandwich, this spot is part garden, part nature center, and part country store.
- Everyone knows Cape Cod is a great place to go whale watching, but there is plenty of other wildlife to discover. Reserve your spot on a tour with Monomoy Island Excursions to get an up-close look at the seals of Monomoy.
When you check in, our knowledgeable and helpful team can provide you with recommendations for more things to do and see.
Start Planning a Summer of Fun
There’s no better time than today to reserve your summer escape to Lighthouse Inn. Our resort on the shores in West Dennis puts you close to all the unique things to do in the Cape Cod region. Let yourself start thinking warm thoughts by booking your accommodations at our classic resort.
No matter the size of your group, we have the perfect place for you to call home. Our lodging options range from guest rooms and suites to cottages. Our full-service resort, complete with a private beach, is filled with great activities and amenities. Call 508-398-2244 to learn more.