For about nine months out of the year, school and extracurricular activities are pulling you and your family in different directions. This can make it difficult to find uninterrupted time to spend quality time together. When school lets out for the summer, make your way to Lighthouse Inn in West Dennis. Escaping for the summer on a family vacation in Cape Cod is the perfect way to reconnect and enjoy time with the ones you love most.
The Best Things to Do on Cape Cod with Family
Thanks to the ocean breeze, high temperatures average the mid-70s, with lows reaching around the low-60s during the summer months. This idyllic weather means you’ll have plenty of time to explore. No matter your children’s age, there are plenty of family-friendly things to do throughout the Cape Cod area.
- Enjoy a bit of friendly competition as you play your way through the two 18-hole mini-golf courses at Pirate’s Cove in South Yarmouth.
- Visit Cartwheels in nearby South Dennis for a wide variety of activities, including go-carts, batting cages, arcade games, and more.
- Be entertained by local performers by catching a show at The Cape Playhouse.
- See who can spot a whale first on a whale watching tour with Hyannis Whale Watcher Cruises, departing from Barnstable Harbor.
- Take in views from above on a parasailing adventure with Cape Cod Parasailing.
- Explore Massachusetts nature as you hike along the trails found inside Nickerson State Park.
- Wander around one of the numerous nearby museums, including the Jericho Historical Center, Cape Cod Maritime Museum, and Whydah Pirate Museum.
There’s plenty of fun to be had without even having to leave the grounds. Our West Dennis property features a private beach, tennis courts, heated swimming pool, mini golf, shuffleboard, and more. We also host a number of family-friendly recreational games and entertainment in July and August, so be sure to check out our schedule of events.
Relax This Summer at a Cape Cod Waterfront Hotel
By planning your family’s summer vacation to Lighthouse Inn in Cape Cod, you are giving everyone a chance to escape the pressures of everyday life and enjoy the slower pace of life. Our full-service resort hotel in West Dennis has everything you need for a memorable getaway. We offer several room types, including family suites and private cottages, which means we can accommodate families of all sizes. After a day of fun, enjoy a delicious meal at The Waterfront Restaurant before returning to your cozy room for the night. Call 508-398-2244 to learn more about booking your stay at our resort or special offers.