Why You Should Visit Oceanfront Massachusetts in the Fall
Even though there is still plenty of summer vacation season left, it’s never too early to start planning your autumn escape. However, fall in Massachusetts is often referred to as “second summer,” making it the perfect time to plan your stay at Lighthouse Inn. Our oceanfront hotel on Cape Cod is the ideal place for anyone looking to enjoy a memorable vacation without the summer crowds.
Average high temperatures in the fall can range between mid-40 degrees and high-60 degrees. While it often cools down at night, there is still plenty of warm weather left in the shoulder season to enjoy.
What to Do on Your Fall Getaway in Cape Cod
Fall is often considered one of the best times of the year to visit Cape Cod. Staying at our beachfront hotel in West Dennis puts you near all the activities and attractions you could ever want when visiting from September to November.
- If you’re looking for something a bit spooky, go to Barnstable Village to go on a haunted history tour with Cape Cod’s Haunted & History Tour Co. You’ll make your way through 10 stops, eight of which have ghost stories.
- Experience a beach without the hustle and bustle of summer. Enjoy the convenience of staying at an oceanfront Cape Cod hotel. Simply grab one of our beach chairs to soak in the fall sunshine or go for an evening stroll along our shoreline.
- Fall is all about cranberries. Go on a cranberry bog tour in Harwich at the largest organic cranberry bog in Cape Cod. The yearly Harwich Cranberry Arts & Music Festival also takes place every September.
- Take in breathtaking autumn hues on a nature walk. There are plenty of nearby parks and trails perfect for this picturesque activity, including Fresh Pond Conservation Area, Nickerson State Park, and the Cape Cod Rail Trail.
- Spend a fall afternoon at Taylor Bray Farm in neighboring Yarmouth. This farm is part historical landmark, part barnyard. While you can visit the animals, please do not feed them. You can also walk out the boardwalk to Black Flats Marsh to experience incredible views.
Our knowledgeable staff is more than happy to provide more recommendations on ways to fill your days.
Visit Lighthouse Inn One Last Time This Season
Fall in Massachusetts means breathtaking colors, memorable getaways, and the end of another season here at Lighthouse Inn. Plan one last getaway to our waterfront Cape Cod hotel today. Spend your days exploring nearby towns or playing a round of golf and your nights relaxing at our coastal retreat.
When booking your stay, you have your choice of several lodging options. Enjoy more space by staying in one of our cottages, or reserve an oceanfront room for outstanding views. Call 508-398-2244 to learn more about our resort and its exceptional amenities.