Discover Breathtaking Views Hiking on Cape Cod
There’s nothing quite like disconnecting from everyday life for a little while, and the perfect way to do so is on a relaxing vacation in a beautiful setting. Located along the shores of the Nantucket Sound, Lighthouse Inn is the perfect spot for anyone looking to enjoy a New England getaway. Our oceanfront hotel is near some of the best natural attractions on Cape Cod. No matter what time of year you’re visiting, the best way to experience the beauty of Cape Cod is on area hiking trails.
The 5 Best Cape Cod Trails and Areas
Whether listening to birds chirp, a creek bubble, or the wind blowing through the leaves, the sounds of nature make the perfect soundtrack for your hiking excursion. The variety of trails near our beachfront hotel means there is a trail that fits your group’s ability.
- Fresh Pond Conservation Area is home to five incredible hiking trails. The longest one is about 30 minutes, while the shortest is about one minute.
- Cape Cod Rail Trail is ideal for those looking for an extended outing. The 25-mile path, which features a range of scenery and landscapes, leads from South Dennis to Wellfleet.
- Nickerson State Park is a 1,900-acre area in nearby Brewster. There are several trails to choose from when you visit the park, including Cliff Pond Trail and Nickerson State Park Long Trail.
- Found inside the Monomoy National Wildlife Refuge, the Morris Island Loop Trail is a 1.6-mile loop trail that takes about 30 minutes to complete. Another trail with waterfront views is the Morris Island Beach Trail.
- Fort Hill Trail, located in the Cape Cod National Seashore, features open fields, stunning views of the Nauset Marsh area, and a connection with the Red Maple Swamp Trail. While the trail is only one mile, it can take some up to an hour to hike the entire length.
Plan an Oceanfront Escape to Cape Cod
Whether hiking a local trail or wandering a nearby town, there is no shortage of places to discover when visiting Cape Cod. Centrally located in West Dennis on nine secluded oceanfront acres, Lighthouse Inn is the perfect place to call home.
During your stay, check out our range of on-site amenities like a private beach, tennis courts, a heated pool, and a full-service restaurant with ocean views. All of these plus our range of accommodation options means we can accommodate groups of all sizes and vacations. To learn more, call 508-398-2244.